290g ground almonds
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
25g unsweetened cocoa powder
125ml grapeseed oil
140ml honey or agave nectar/syrup
2-3 large tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350/180/gas mark 4. Line two or three baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl combine ground almonds, salt, bicarbonate of soda, arrowroot, cocoa powder and coconut. Mix well getting rid of any lumps.
- Add in the oil and sweetener until combined thoroughly.
- Use a dessert spoon to dollop onto the baking sheets. They don’t spread much, but do just pat them down a little so they are combined and not breaking apart.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until they look a bit cracked on top, err on the side of caution, undercooked not overcooked!
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes or so before tucking in.