So, I’ve just got back in from our ‘Health and Your Hormones’ talk. I’m absolutely delighted that we had 50 people attend and also very glad that we asked for extra seats before they all arrived as we were full!
Vida and I really wanted to share what we’d learnt at Phil’s seminar a few weeks ago and I warned them that this was going to be like speed-dating with hormones. A real whistle-stop tour around four of the biggies.
I told them nasty stuff about excess estrogen, about boosting their testosterone, managing cortisol and looking after the thyroid. I covered how these imbalances have got so bad and how they can help themselves if they wanted. Infact I did what Phil always does at his talks, bring them down with all the bad news. It was then Vida’s turn to pep them up with how to improve the situation with good food choices! (Phil does bring us back up too! but usually on day 2, we didn’t have that long!)
I finished however on a light note. It’s sometimes very easy to stress about all that we should be eating, exercise we should be doing, goals we should be achieving when in reality it boils down to a few key things. What are the keys to longevity and health.
I like talking to groups of people, there is an element of anxiety before it kicks off, but once I start I really enjoy it! Right, off to plan the next one!
Check out this and see why there are 5 communities in the world that live long, healthy and prosper.
These are the 9 determinants for their success
- Move (find ways to move mindlessly, make moving unavoidable)
- ‘Plan de Vida’ (know your purpose in life, what are you here for?)
- Down shift (work less, slow down, rest, take holidays)
- 80% rule (stop eating when 80% full)
- Plant power (more veggies, reduced processed foods, less but better quality animal protein)
- Red wine (consistency and moderation)
- Belong (create a healthy social network)
- Beliefs (spiritual or religious participation)
- Your tribe (make your family a priority)
How many of these do you do? Live well!