This is great for breakfast, a yoghurt or fruit salad topper. This makes quite a large amount so store in an airtight container.
300g organic rolled oats
75g ground almonds
75g desiccated coconut
75g pumpkin seeds
50g sesame seeds
50g sunflower seeds
100 – 150g nuts of choice – roughly chopped (cashews, almonds, Brazil)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
120g coconut oil
2-4 tablespoons organic honey, to taste
50g dried cranberries
6 medjool dates, chopped
10 dried apricots, chopped into sixes
This is about 300g dried fruit, so you can combine what you like to get this quantity.
Pre-heat oven to fan 130/ gas mark 2
- Tip oats, ground almonds, pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds, desiccated coconut, nuts and cinnamon into a large roasting tin.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together gently.
- Pour over the oat mixture and stir to coat completely. Spread out in the tin again.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes mix up a bit, then cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add in the dried fruit. Mix it up keeping some of the clumpy bits together.
- Transfer to an air tight container.
Cost: £6.08 for over 1kg granola
Cost comparison: Similar price to top of the range Granola, like Jordan’s £4.00 for 750g, however this is made with natural, organic ingredients, where you can vary the quantities to suit your family and uses good fats and limited sweeteners.