I can take no credit for these delightful little treats. They are from the Patrick Holford ‘GL Diet Book’ and are wonderful!
142g desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
3 egg whites
3 tbl sp Xylitol
1 tsp lemon or lime juice
1 tbl sp corn flour
1 bar Lindt 70% chocolate (could use Green & Blacks whichever is on offer!)
- Preheat oven to 180c/gas 4/ 350F.
- Either grease a baking sheet or line a baking sheet with mini truffle cases (you’ll make about 30 of them in this size)
- Mix all the ingredients – apart from the chocolate – together.
- Spoon into the paper cases or pile into mounds on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 150c/gas 2/ 300F, turn the tin in the oven and cook for a further 5-10 minutes maximum. Some will start to turn brown, this is OK.
- Whilst they are cooking, melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over simmering water until melted and then either drizzle the mounds to coat the top with chocolate, or use a spoon to ‘top’ the mini ones like my photo.
- Pop in the fridge to set and cool. Very more-ish!
Price: £3.00 approx/10p per mini truffle size treat! (minimal cost for lemon juice and cornflour, price affected by chocolate chosen!)